FULL-SCALE SURF LAKES UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN QLD:
We are well into construction of our first full-scale Surf Lake on private land near Yeppoon, Southern Great Barrier Reef. Completion is scheduled for around 3rd Qtr 2018, with live demonstrations to media and potential licensees to commence soon after. When completed, this facility will be privately operated. We are working on a plan to open to the public at a later stage.
Tech specs for Full-scale Demo site:
- Lake Size: 200m long x 150m wide
- Maximum Depth: 10m (33ft) at core
- Water Volume: 60ml to 75ml
- Number of Outer Breaks: 8 (4 lefts and 4 rights)
- Number of Learner Breaks: 3
- Maximum Wave Height: 2.4m (face height)
- Water type: Freshwater
Over the last two years, Surf Lakes has built 3 prototypes. Below are images and videos from the 1:5 scale prototype which was constructed in 2017.